Waikiki Health is committed to protecting the privacy of our patients and clients.
We are compliant with applicable Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards and encourage our patients to be well-informed, participate in treatment decisions, and communicate openly with our staff and medical providers.
For information about your rights and our confidentiality practices, please refer to the following documents:
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
An explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a patient or client of Waikiki Health.
- Notice of Privacy Practices
A description of how medical information may be used and disclosed, and how you can access this information.
- Notice of Privacy Practices Summary
A one-page summary of the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Authorization to Use or Disclose Protected Health Information (PHI)
A form authorizing the use or disclosure of PHI for insurance reimbursements, treatment and enrollment.
- Authorization to Obtain Protected Health Information (PHI)
A form authorizing the release of PHI to Waikiki Health.
Problem Solving for Consumers
Waikiki Health depends on the feedback of consumers to evaluate how primary medical care and related social services can be improved. If you are dissatisfied with the services you receive from Waikiki Health and take advantage of Waikiki Health’s problem-solving procedures, you will not suffer retribution or a loss of health care or services as a result.
If you are dissatisfied with services you received from Waikiki Health, please follow the steps below:
- Discuss the problem with the person involved, OR, ask for the assistance of a neutral staff mediator. If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, please proceed to the next step.
- Contact Site Supervisor and/or Program Director. If the problem remains unresolved, please contact Waikiki Health Compliance Officer James Maruyama at 808-738-9366.
If you have questions, please review our Patients FAQ or contact the Waikiki Health Privacy Officer at (808) 791-9371.