Waikiki Health is now accepting applications for the part time (18 hours/week) Youth Education and Employment Counselor position. Our Youth Outreach Program provides essential medical and social services to homeless youth, youth runaways and other at-risk youth. If you are passionate about giving a helping hand to one of the most vulnerable populations in our community, then this position may be for you.
The Youth Education and Employment Counselor will assist youth with job search, resume writing, interview preparation, academic tutoring, classroom and homework assignments, college applications, and scholarships.
Duties of this position include, but not limited to:
- Provide group and individual education and employment guidance services.
- Responsible for education and employment case management, GED tutoring, test and job preparedness.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse population in a classroom environment.
- Conduct street, community and off site outreach.
- Assist with the case management and positive behavior modification of clients.
In order to be considered for the position, a candidate must fulfill the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Must have experience in education or social services and/or at least 1 year of experience in a related setting.
- Must be organized and able to complete all assigned tasks.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to positive customer service.
- Must possess a Hawaii driver’s license with clean driving abstract may be required.
Please visit our website at www.waikikihealth.org for more information on Waikiki Health.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now.
Résumé sent via e-mail will not be accepted.