Waikiki Health’s HIV Early Intervention Services (EIS) is now accepting applications for the position of Medical Case Manager for our primary medical care clinic. The EIS program provides comprehensive services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Our community health center uses creative and innovative approaches to address health disparities experienced by those who have behavioral, economic, language, cultural, and other barriers to obtaining care. Ideal candidates for this position are culturally sensitive, compassionate and interested in patient-centered care.
- Engages in a multi-disciplinary team approach in the development and management of care plans and appropriate medical and psychosocial interventions and referrals for people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Regularly assesses patient adherence to HIV medication and provides medication adherence/resistance education and self-management tools as needed;
- Provides community resources, counseling, and testing services for HIV, Hepatitis C, and STDs;
- Participates and assists in coordination of team meetings, community events, staff training, and development opportunities;
- Reviews clinical records and performs coding activities on a monthly basis;
- Participates in routine quality improvement activities and data collection, review, and reporting for federal and state grant requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred; relevant social work and/or health care experience may be substituted.
- Case management experience and knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with HIV/AIDS is preferred.
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Good computer skills, with ability to work with a variety of programs required.
Please visit our Website at www.waikikihealth.org for additional information.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now.
Résumé sent via e-mail will not be accepted.