Waikiki Health (WH) is now recruiting for a part-time Health Educator or LPN. The Health Educator and LPN work within a multi-disciplinary health care team in the delivery of comprehensive services for patients diagnosed with chronic diseases, such as, but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, obesity, chronic pain, tobacco users, depression, or Hepatitis C. The Health Educator is a part of WH’s Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) initiative and a patient advocate for its target populations (i.e. Diabetes, hypertension, chronic pain etc.) through the provision of health education services, medication adherence counseling, follow up monitoring, improvement of access to care, and guiding patients through problem focused clinical visits.
In concert with the patient, the patient’s support system, and the patient’s health care team, the duties of this position include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the development and implementation health care plans tailored to the needs of the patient and the patient’s immediate support system.
- Reach a goal for the patient to decrease health disparities.
- Improve health outcomes by empowering the patient to work towards self management.
In order to be considered for the position a candidate must fulfill the following qualification requirements:
- Successful completion of a medical assistant or LPN program.
- Three years of experience in an outpatient setting preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now.
Résumé sent via e-mail will not be accepted.