Waikiki Health, a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is seeking a Development Specialist reporting to the Chief Marketing & Development Officer (CMDO). This 50-year-old, fast-growing organization needs additional expertise to support expanding medical and social services to Oahu’s uninsured, low-income and homeless through increased strategic donor development fundraising.
The Development Specialist is responsible for supporting all donor development projects including writing direct mail solicitations, writing donor newsletters, writing employee newsletters, general agency marketing communications including social media posts, planned giving/legacy projects, employee giving campaign, and donor database entry. The Development Specialist works under the supervision of the CMDO, and helps craft the agency’s appeal messaging to funders and prospects. In collaboration with CMDO, the specialist helps coordinate donor and community events as well.
If you are mission driven, work well with a diverse group of people, and are empathetic to those in need, this is the job for you!
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum Associate degree required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Background in donor-based fundraising desired, and/or sales and marketing nonprofit experience
- Independent transportation is required
- A passion for Waikiki Health and community health care
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- Ability to organize and multi-task effectively
- Great attention to detail, and ability to adjust pace to keep up with workflow
- Ability to work under pressure to meet multiple and frequent deadlines
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to track and attain donor revenue projects per budget initiative
- Donor Perfect or other fundraising software knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Please visit our website at www.waikikihealth.org for more information on Waikiki Health.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now.
Résumé sent via e-mail will not be accepted.