Waikiki Health is now accepting applicants for a Clinical Application Specialist. The Clinical Application Specialist supports the daily interface between clinicians/medical staff and the electronic health record.
The duties of this position also include, but are not limited to:
- Implements and supports multi-service software packages that automate the capture of clinical encounter information and its subsequent retrieval.
- Manages the customization of the site parameters and addresses integration issues with other software packages.
- Assists in the implementation of new software products obtained by the facility that cover these functions.
- Educates new staff on utilizing EHR system, including but not limited to providers, patient service representatives, and billing staff.
- Develops reports to support effective use and highlight areas for improvement to increase effective efficient use of Clinical Applications.
- Provides end user support for issues submitted through the WH Helpdesk system.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in direct patient care (clinical, nursing, or allied health) or 2 years of experience in clinical applications support in the healthcare industry or a degree in Medical Informatics and Electronic Health Record support (Athenanet Clinicals, Collector, and Communicator and Dentrix preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and superiors; be able to speak in front of groups; and communicate in written policies, procedures, memoranda, and training materials.
- Direct development of a training program for various functions of the EHR.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure is essential.
- Experience serving as a liaison between groups within an organization, as an effective member of organizational teams and in coordinating software implementation projects.
- Possess extensive knowledge in patient care activities, including interaction between front office and back office Clinical services and functions.
- Must have own vehicle with a clean drivers abstract.
Please visit our website at www.waikikihealth.org for more information on Waikiki Health.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now.
Résumé sent via e-mail will not be accepted.